Monday, November 30, 2009

Factors to consider when buying a PC for my course

There are many different factors that need to be considered when buying a PC for my course, in order to complete all my assignments and be able to study notes that are available on Blackboard.
These are:
• Type of PC: I find that laptops are better for my course as they can be transported around with you so that no matter where you are you can still do your college work. Also the computers in the library in college are usually occupied when I go to use them so if you have a laptop you can bring that to college and work at the tables reserved for laptop users.
• Printer Compatible: With my assignments I need a computer that can easily be connected to any printer without any hassle so that I can print off any notes or assignments quickly and with no problems.
• Price: Due to the fact that I’m a student I can’t afford to pay a lot of money on a PC even if it is crucial to my course. So I’d find myself looking for a PC within a certain budget that still has all the features I require for my course work.
• Warranty: After paying so much money on a PC I want to be sure that if it breaks I have a warranty so I can then either get it fixed or get a new PC without having to pay anymore money which I wouldn’t be able to afford.
• Security Features: My course means that I have to look up certain topics on many different websites. Some of these websites might contain viruses which are damaging to my computer which may cause it to crash and therefore causing me to lose all the material on my PC including important assignments and notes. Some PCs come with security features such as windows defender or McAfee at no extra cost, which would then benefit me.
• Size of memory: If I’m buying a PC for college work I’m going to need a PC that has a good amount of storage space available as I’m going to be saving a lot of notes and materials for my assignments. There is no point on me buying a PC with a small amount of storage space available as I would later on have to purchase extra memory for my PC which can be expensive depending on the amount of memory I require.
• Programmes: Some PCs come complete with certain programmes such as Microsoft office word, Microsoft PowerPoint etc. These programmes are necessary for my course, as for my assignments I will need to either write an essay on Microsoft Word or create a presentation on Microsoft PowerPoint. These programmes are also very expensive to buy individually and manually put on the PC, so if they were not already available on the PC it would not be worth my time and money in purchasing that PC.

No comments:

Post a Comment